My Kind of Boot Camp this summer in Maryland! Earn your RPT-S
Registered Play Therapy Supervisor Boot Camp- Level I Certificate Program
“Get your boots on the ground!”
1. Must be a Registered Play Therapist (RPT) accredited through the Association for Play Therapy (APT).
2. Must have taken any child-centered play therapy course and provide documentation of completion. CBPS is offering a course to satisfy this requirement the weekend before this supervisor training.
3. Must complete an application for entrance into this program. Please contact us for the application.
Description: The Required 30-hour training.
This workshop will focus on the specialized skill set that is required to provide quality supervision to play therapists. This authentic learning experience will engage participants through a variety of diverse learning mediums. Participants will gain foundational supervision skills, understand the multiple roles the supervisor has in play therapy supervision, develop skills for assessing play therapist supervisee development, create supervision interventions based on the skill and developmental levels of play therapists supervisees, learn how to incorporate play as part of the supervisory relationship, and develop an system for evaluating supervisee skill level and provide feedback.
Day 1 (8 CEUs)
- Describe selected foundational principles of supervision
- Define the various types of supervision
- Identify the Developmental Models of Counseling and relate how these impact Supervision
- Discuss the unique aspects of Supervision for Play Therapists
- Identify personal strengths as a Play Therapy Supervisor
Day 2 (8 CEUs)
- Identify the various roles of Play Therapy Supervisors
- Describe the process of incorporating Play Therapy into Play Therapy Supervision practice
- Describe the evaluation of Play Therapy and Play Therapists
- Demonstrate the art of providing feedback
Day 3 (8 CEUs)
- Demonstrate how to create an evaluation system as a supervisor
- Describe he process for setting up the relationship-expectations
- Demonstrate application of supervision principles in a mock supervision session
- Assess personal Play Therapy Supervisor Skills
Webinar (3 CEUs)
Participants will attend a Play Therapy Supervision Webinar. This webinar will focus on Challenges in supervision of play therapy and play therapists. Examples of Challenges will be given as well as multiple means of addressing the most difficult aspects of play therapy supervision.
Independent Project (3CEUs)
Participants will create a play therapy based supervision intervention for a particular supervisee. The elements of the project include: Rationale, Goal(s), Materials Needed, Explanation, Introduction of intervention script, Adaptations, Potential Limitations, Means of assessing effectiveness. Individualized feedback will be given by the instructor.
Presenter: Jodi Mullen, PhD., LMHC, RPT-S
Certified Professor and Supervisor of Child Psychotherapy and Play therapy. Director of Integrative Counseling Services, PLLC, in central New York, where she conducts psychotherapy and supervises staff. Associate Professor at State University of NY at Oswego, where she teaches and develops comprehensive syllabi and coordinates the play therapy certificate and mental health counseling programs. Author with J. M. Rickli of various play therapy texts, including “How Play Therapists can Engage Parents & Professionals” (Rev. ed.), 2011.
Cost: $450 ($500 after June 1st)
Written cancellation must be received in our office at least ten working days prior to the training. A $25.00 processing fee will be deducted from your refund. If you do not notify us a minimum of ten business days prior to the training of your intent to cancel, you will not receive a refund or credit.
Continuing Education Units:
CEUs for Social Workers/Psychologists/MFCCs/Play Therapists: 30
NBCC CE Clock Hours: 30
CBPS is approved by the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners to sponsor Category I continuing education programs; CBPS is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. CBPS solely is responsible for all aspects of the program. NBCC Provider #5763; approved by the National Association of School Psychologists, approval #1067; approved by the Board of Behavioral Sciences in California to offer CEUs for MFCCs and LCSWs. Approval #PCE 1466. Approved by the APT for play therapy training, provider #97-034. CBPS maintains responsibility for this training.
Note: Chesapeake Beach Professional Seminars cannot issue the RPT-S credential. This program is a step in receiving the RPT-S credential from the Association for Play Therapy. The APT has their own additional requirements that must be met. Please consult the Association for Play Therapy (APT) directly for more information. This training does not guarantee your receipt of the RPT-S credentials. All registrants must meet requirements set forth by the APT.
Hi there. I’m an LCSW and RPT in Kentucky. Will you offer this again next summer?
Hi Jodie! Not in Maryland, but I offer play therapy trainings all the time. During the pandemic, I am limited to webinars. I offer both live and recorded trainings. Here’s the link https://www.integrativecounseling.us/training