10 Affirmations for Parents
The most difficult job in the world is being a parent. Helping parents professionally as well as friends and family members who are parents is something I do on a daily basis. As a parent myself I can empathize with those moments (or what seems way longer) when you feel like you are failing at this precious job.
I had five separate conversations today with friends that inspired me to create and share these affirmations. Say them aloud, say them often, say them while looking in the mirror, and do it again and again until they become your default setting.
- I am practicing being a better parent everyday.
- I am doing my best as a parent.
- I am learning new things about myself as a parent that I apply so I can feel proud of my parenting.
- I have never parented this child at this age before. I am a student of parenting.
- I am proud that I model for my child(ren) the prosocial skills I want to see in my child(ren).
- I am recognizing the things I do well as a parent.
- I am honoring that parenting is a process and mistakes are learning opportunities.
- I am thoughtful and respectful to my child(ren).
- I am enjoying the challenges parenting presents.
- I am learning and growing because of the relationship I have with my child(ren).
with love- Jodi